Ever wondered how you should journaling for mental health? Learn 37 mental health journal prompts that will reduce your stress and create a better sense of wellbeing.
I have seen the people they are always looking for the right ways to do journaling. Let me tell you the truth – There is no right way to do journaling. You only need to be as honest and authentic as possible and keep practicing.
It gives you great relief when you write the ideas going in your mind on paper. And that’s why I have brought this idea about “mental health journal prompts” to you so that you can get the most out of it.
Do you know what my number #1 weapon is?
And, I would highly recommend you to you should have too.
The Key Benefits of Journaling
If you are struggling with depression, anxiety, or any mental stress, you can start feeling better by practicing journaling.
However, it is an easy and simple practice, anyone can do it, and only a super flow and stability is required.
You will get tons of benefits of journaling, especially in mental health journal prompts. And these benefits are:
- It reduces your stress.
- Easier to achieve your goal.
- Get more clarity.
- It increases happiness.
- Develop more problem-solving skills.
- Increased emotional intelligence (EI).
- Increased memory power.
What is Journal Prompts for Mental Health?
Journaling is a tool for personal growth, and it stops you completely-losing-your-mind. The mental health journal prompt is the one part of it. You do things that directly impact your mental growth.
It is as important as you take to breathe and relax after releasing it.
You put your journey into words. And later you learn from it. This is how mental health journal prompts work effectively.
3 ways to Improve Mental Health
- There are different things to do for mental health and many ways to journal. The one traditional route of journaling and improve mental health is pen & paper.
- And the second way is “Blogging”. Doodling is another option for mental health journal prompts.
- There are mobile apps for mental health or just use the notepad feature on your phone.
It depends! Either you are in the office and having some off time, you can use your phone and utilize it in journaling, or you have a crappy night still you have the options for that.
You should invest in mental health, isn’t it?
For those deep topics that require more space to write – Then you should write in a regular notebook.
You should dedicate for the journal to prompts. And this is what I recommend to everyone.
Journal Topics for Mental Health (Advice for Mental Health)
There is no fixed rule, practice as much as you can to get rid of it. And here are 37 therapeutic mental health journal prompts:
- Describe your goal you want to achieve in your life.
- Journal and describe your emotions?
- Write down the best compliment you’ve ever gotten.
- When do you feel the most peace, try to keep it repeat?
- Journal about your day (Mental health journal prompts)
- Write about the changes in your life in the last 5 years.
- What do you fear the most? Try to write the answer.
- Write 3 of your favorite smells. Explain how everyone makes you feel.
- Have you ever felt lonely and When?
- Write down, physically, how do you feel right now?
- Write about your perfect day, who you like to be with.
- What are the words or quotes that inspire you?
- Write about one thing that made you happy today.
- Write down the goals you want to achieve in the next 12 months.
- What is the activity that keeps you in the present movement?
- Write how often you think what will be the result of the work?
- Journal about what is happening at present?
- Write about something that disappoints you
- What are 3 things that make you angry? And why?
- What makes you laugh the most?
- How many times a day do you remind yourself of your goal?
- Journal, what is the biggest life lesson you’ve ever learned?
- Journal your best 3 qualities?
- Are you connecting your mind to something secret that you cannot write?
- If you have any secrets in your mind then write it down.
- If someone has ever surprised you, write about it.
- What is the biggest life lesson you’ve learned after losing something?
- What are the five things you want to do you if you are not afraid?
- What makes you more comfortable? Either thing, people, or animals.
- Send “Thank you” message to those who have positively impacted your life.
- Write about what you feel about tomorrow.
- List the regrets and write a solution to emerge from it.
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?
- What is the most embarrassing thing for you? And why?
- Journal about what are some of your favourite books?
- Write a letter to one of your friends- even if you don’t give it to them.
- What was your biggest decision ever?
Journaling should not be overwhelming, and my biggest advice is to start small and keep at it.
This article was about 37 mental health journal prompts. And we covered almost all the tips which will allow you to get rid of your stress, anxiety, and to improve your health.
We all know the practice makes men perfect, and the journaling needs practice.
Now, I want to hear from you!
What did you like the most in this post?
Please write in the comment below. And share this with your family and friends so that they can get benefits from it as well.
I’m Pinterest Marketer and blogger with over several years of experience, I love positivity and have a growth mindset.